Tears and Tantrums Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lucas

3 posters

Go down

lucas Empty lucas

Post by Mrs p Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:53 am

I had a long wait for the cheeky boy. I was due on the 9th Feb 07 and he decided to keep us waiting. We knew we were having a boy as you could not miss it when we went for a scan lol!

On the 14th Feb i had to go to the clinic because he was still not here. I was hoping that they would say that something was happening but no Sad They gave me the 20th Feb to go and get induced which I really did not want to happen as my experience I had when getting induced with Nick was not one I wanted to repeat. The midwife said to go home and have sex Laughing. She said you never know it might work and it is valentines day lol!

Well tried and tested but still nothing. Early Tuesday morning (the day i was to get induced) I woke up with small pains. It was not that bad tho as I was able to get back to sleep. I had that for the rest of the day with them getting a little worse. I was not that worried as I knew at last something was happening and I was going to the hospital at 4.30 anyway.

Dropped Nick off a grannys and made our way to hospital. Was put on the monitor and everything was fine. I ended up getting 2 enternals one from a student which was not that bad and one from a midwife who was a little rough for my liking. They kept me on the monitor but Lucas had the hicups and they wanted them to stop. I was on the thing for ages. They decided to send me home as they thought that nothing was going to happen that night. I was quite happy. They said that it was proper contractions but did not think anything would happen.

So me and hubby went home. We went to get a chinease carry out first as I was really hungry. When we sat down to eat it I felt sick and did not want it. The contractions were getting stronger and closer together and I decided to go for a bath. Mark ran my bath while I was having another lovely contraction. I walked thru to the bathroom and my waters broke. We just stood there laughing for a wee minute. Then another lovely contraction but much much stronger. We decided to phone the hospital and were told to go in. I had visions of them sending us home again. Not this time tho Laughing When we got there my midwife checked to see if my waters had gone and they had. Checked his heartbeat which was fine. Was able to move about the place and I had another bath. The midwife kept on asking if I wanted any gas and air but I wanted to try and get thru it for as long as I could with nothing. Finally at around 1am I gave in. But everything was happening that I hardly used it. Another midwife came in so I knew he was ready to come into this mad world. Mark said I looked like a tomato when he was crowning. I swore a bit when that was happening (well maybe more than a little bit) . At 2.25am out came this calm chilled little baby wearing his cord like a rucksack lol!

He was just Mark thru and thru. He weighed 8lbs 9ozs He was put on my belly and was so relaxed. Then I had to deliver the placenta. Mark was not that happy as I was pushing while holding Lucas which he thought was stupid.

We got all cleaned up and gave him his first feed. I had decided to bottle feed again because of the experience that I had had with Nick. Then we both had a well deserved rest and Daddy went to get big bro. The doctor came round to do his earing test and he was not a happy baby at all. We had to go back and get that done again lol! I had to wait for the doctor to come round again and check me out and Lucas and then I was home by ten. I do now wish I had stayed in for a proper rest but never mind

xx
Mrs p
Mrs p
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 128
Who Are You? : mummy to 2
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

lucas Empty Re: lucas

Post by mad267 Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:54 am

Lovely to hear, sounds like it wasn't too bad for you. I definately plan on staying in for at least one night
mad267
mad267
All Grown up!
All Grown up!

Female
Number of posts : 332
Who Are You? : Wife and Mummy2b
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

lucas Empty Re: lucas

Post by Mandsmunchkins Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 am

Awwww x