What are you all up to today??

Go down

What are you all up to today??

Post by Tai on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:02 am

Well Im on my own all day (except for when Dean was home for lunch) until Dean gets home at 8pm. Not too sure what to do with myself today. I cant be bothered to move atm!
So what is everyone else up to?
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 301
Who Are You? : Mum to Tobey
Registration date : 2008-01-09

View user profile http://www.tearsandtantrumsparenting.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you all up to today??

Post by Tai on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:21 am

You know what.. I lie. The boat is in at Deans work so I have no idea when he will be home Sad
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:21 am

Me and Seph are finally doing some housework, around naps and playing of course! LOL Jamie is out late again so we're alone until about 8 too... rubbish that is.

The weather is looking horrible here, so doubt we'll venture out, I don't have any warm clothes, plus we're away this weekend so could do with getting the house in order.
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 106
Who Are You? : Seph's Mummy and Jamie's Wife to be!
Registration date : 2008-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 am

Well after my cleaning spell yesterday the only thing left to do is change the bedding and that takes all of 5 mins so it can wait. I did think of going to the takeaway but dont want to take Tobey out in this weather (we are just up the road from you so I bet its similar!) and I dont have enough money in my purse to order in!
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:53 am

oh I know Harwich I did a race there once! Just before i conceived Seph actually.

Seph has been an angel today his sleeping patterns are changing slightly, yesterday he was extra sleepy and then today he's going longer so think it must have been a little growth spurt or something, he's never gone 3 hours between sleeps before (He's 7 months) But today was his first time.

So when he goes to bed I'm gonna to put my ironing board away and put a film on, will only get half way through before he wakes up though - so might not see it all!
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 am

Tobey goes hours without having a nap!! He normally wakes at 9-10 (bed at 8pm) naps around 2-3 for an hour or two then is awake til bed time. I think thats why he sleeps so well at night!
Dean and I watched a film last night and if hes not working overtime tomorrow we probably will again. We are always sitting down together to watch dvds.
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:38 am

yeah we watched This Boys life last night, an old fave from when I was at school, Jamie actually enjoyed it too.

Seph sleeps well at night, he just wakes a little early, goes to bed at 7 and wakes at 6, I can't keep him awake when he's tired as he just cries and cries, and he can't stay up any later that 7, no matter what time he's napped he is exhausted by 7 LOL I think he's just a very sleepy baby and very into his routine, he's like clockwork when he gets into a routine.
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:48 am

I have a routine for feeding and bed at night but during the day if I put him down and hes not tired he will just call out and make silly noises to let me know hes not sleeping! Hes a little to clever for 6 months, makes me laugh how aware he is of evrything, if he gets lonely he used to scream but now if I call to him to let him know Im around he will be quiet, he knows what a bottle is - even if i pour myself coke he reaches out for it and wheneer Dean picks him up Tobey grabs for the chain he wears and always gets it even if its not clearly in sight! It amazes me how fast babies develope!
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:48 am

Tai wrote:he knows what a bottle is - even if i pour myself coke he reaches out for it
OMG!! Seph does this too!! Seph gets really excited when he sees his bottle, but I don't let him hold it very often because he likes to play with it, and just gets bored of drinking/eating it.

Yeah Seph does that if he's not tired too when I first realised he had a sleeping routine (It was an hour and a half between waking and sleeping again) I would try and get him down a couple of minutes before he got tired, but this would cause nightmares when he started stetching it out as I thought he'd be tired but he wouldn't so he'd cry and moan, but thankfully he is so strict that I can tell within a day or two if he's changed his patterns... he's a bit of a freaky one but I find it easy like this - let's hope the next one is as strict or I could be in trouble! LOL
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:55 am

I have to keep quiet during feeding time or Tobey thinks its time to play and wont take anything!! Dean says Im nasty cos when he grabs for the botte I just leave the lid on and watch him fight to drink from it. The look on his face is priceless!!

Im pretty lucky with Tobey cos I can now put him in his cot with a couple of toys and have a lie down myself. Hes pretty good at keeping himself entertained and is content most of the time. If hes in a bit of a bad mood Im naughty and lay him next to me on the bed. This is the only time he will sleep other than his nap during the day. i think he likes the comfort of being close to me!
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:08 pm

Tai wrote: i think he likes the comfort of being close to me!
I think you are probably right!!

I had a sleep the other day (Cos I'd been working all weekend and was exhausted) And J had to wake me up, Seph was going down for his lunch time nap and hadn't seen me all day and he wouldn't go to sleep, I went in to see him and he fell asleep!! LOL On one hand it makes me feel special that we obviously have a good bond, on the other I hope he's not getting attachment issues, I am away for my hen weekend soon and he will be with OH alone all weekend....

I am guessing everyone was busy today!! LOL
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:48 pm

I think so! Just us two!!

Tobey was really clingy until recently and now hes not too bad. He likes to spend time with me, but he also loves his time with Dean!
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mad267 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:58 pm

I've spent all day asleep, so just caught up now!
Sounds like I missed all the fun xx
mad267
All Grown up!
All Grown up!

Female
Number of posts : 332
Who Are You? : Wife and Mummy2b
Registration date : 2008-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content