Tears and Tantrums Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthews birth

2 posters

Go down

Matthews birth Empty Matthews birth

Post by Fran Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:23 pm

I have a slightly fuzzy memory but here goes!

I was still living with my parents and on Sunday 24th I had been out for dinner with Pauls family for his Dads birthday. Paul took me home and left around midnight, as I climbed into bed I felt a little pop and a squirt of warm water, I was afraid my waters were breaking and went into my parents room to twell my mum, she mumbled to go back to bed and to get her if anything else happened. I went to bed and slept through the night without any other activity. The nexst morning I had a small show and began to get pains but they werent too pinaful and quite far apart. I called Paul and he said he would get away from work early. I spen the day walking around the house trying to get things going!

Eventually at 6pm the contractions were getting closer together and we decided to ring the labour ward, the midwife told me to come on in so Paul and I drove in while my mum promised to come when my Dad got home from work. I was almost in tears in the car as I was so nervous!When we arrived I was brought into a room to get an internal by the midwife ( I HATE internals I just clamp up!) and she told me my waters had only leaked a little bit and I was barely dilated,she said I might have to go home and I could have cried! I thought my contractions were quite close together so they decided to admit me. I left my stuff in the ward and walked around and round the ward, my mum turned up and we all sat and watched Coronation Street lol! with me getting up every so often when I had a bad contraction.

Eventually I went back to the ward to get some rest (must have been about 9pm) and as I Aas getting off teh bed during a particularly bad contraction I had teh wierdest sensation like my stomach had dropped out of my lady bits lol! and my waters went slap on teh floor ina huge gush!! I was so embarassed becasue Id made such a mess lol!! Mum ran for a midwife and she took me to the toilet. As I took my knickers off I could see that my waters were infected and the mucus plug had come out but it was black/green. The midwife told me to waut for a minute and rushed off, she obviously didnt realise I knew that the collour of teh waters meant the baby had had a bowel movement and could be in distress. She was away for so long that my mum got worried and came to find me still standing in the loo! When she eventually came back she told me she was talking me down to the delivery suite as they wanted to hook me up to a monitor to check if the baby was distressed. So she took me down in a wheelchair with Paul and mum. To try and cuthis short I was examined again and wa sonly 3cm sso I was hooked up to a drip and couldnt move much becasue if this and the fact that I was being continually monitored!I was gulping gas and air bythis time and continued the same for quite a while with very strong contractions! A doctor examined me and said as I wasnt progressing that I would have to be preped for asection which sacred me!! My parent s were in the waiting room teh whole time totally on edge! The next time the doctor came I was 7cm and he announced I could deliver vaginally which was a relief!

Evetually as I had a powerful contaction I was sick all over the floor and was told I could be ready to push.The pushing was the worst pain I ve ever felt in my life and Pauls face was a picture!! Th emidwife told me that my baby was very tired and we needed to get him out quickly and I felt like screaming "Im tired too!!" I had to have an episiotomy and after 45mins of pushing Matthew arrived at 1.46 am on 26th August, his due date Laughing I was in for 4 days as Im anaemic and Matthew had conjunctivitis.
Fran
Fran
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 56
Who Are You? : Mum of one
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Matthews birth Empty Re: Matthews birth

Post by Sarah Y Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Awww! Sounds like you had a right old time of it hun,glad things were okay in the end for you both x
Sarah Y
Sarah Y
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 143
Who Are You? : Mum of two
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fran Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:04 pm

oh my goodness Ive so many typing errors in that!! I type fast and always end up writing teh inestead of the etc lol!
Fran
Fran
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 56
Who Are You? : Mum of one
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content