Tears and Tantrums Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number 4 who wouldn't budge

5 posters

Go down

Number 4 who wouldn't budge Empty Number 4 who wouldn't budge

Post by mamamany Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 pm

After 3 false starts including the night before my induction I was taken in on 21st jan at 4pm at 41 weeks exactly to get started off.

Was booked in and strapped up to monitor for half an hour, after this time the MW wasn't happy with his heart rate as it was quite high and not dipping at all so she gave me an internal and verified I wass 3cm and didn't need any prostin I'd just get transferred and have my water's broken, then she called a Dr to come see me and left me on monitor, so over next 2 hours still strapped to monitor had 2 dr's come see me and they said as soon as there was a bed I'd be moved, by this time his heart rate was settled better and dipping well.

At 7 pm I was taken to labour ward and checked in there given a room and a gorgeous backless gown to wear and strapped back up to a machine, had my waters broken at 7.45 and had some mildish pains but nothing much so at 9 the sister came to see me and ordered me to pace the corridors, by 9.30 i'd started contracting but they still weren't too strong and if I moved the wrong way the monitor slipped and didn't trace baby so eventually it was decided on a scalp monitor. the first one fell off so I had a second one put on and taped to my leg and I asked how far on I was and was only 5cm so I requested some Morphine this was about 11.30pm. Just after 12 the decision was made to put me on a syntocinon drip as my contractions weren't strong enough and baby wasn't budging so i got my drip which picked things up a bit. Just after 1am I requested a bed pan as I felt the need to poo and went and had a seat on that which was very nice to sit on I must say lol and then I felt the need to push I gave a couple small pushes and then was hoisted onto bed and he was crowning, 2 pushes later the head was out and then with the next contraction his body was delivered. He was the first of my babies to not have the cord around his neck it was wrapped around his arm though.

I read my letter before giving it to my community Mw and my labour was stated as first stage 3h 39mins 2nd stage 8 mins and 3rd stage 12 mins which i found hilarious to read!!!

I will admit I panicked at the end when I was pushing him out because I was convinced that he was going to get stuck which was only because my horrible SIL kept telling me I was going to have to have a section and she'd made me paranoid that I wouldn't be able to deliver him myself and I did all 8lbs 11 of him without a tear or a graze!!!
mamamany
mamamany
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 67
Who Are You? : Mum of many
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Number 4 who wouldn't budge Empty Re: Number 4 who wouldn't budge

Post by Mandsmunchkins Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:58 am

Awwww well done you x you must be over the moon with your little one x bless him he was well comfy in there wasn't he, LOL x

Love Mands xxx
Mandsmunchkins
Mandsmunchkins
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 165
Who Are You? : Married
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by T RACKHAM Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:31 am

WELL DONE, He look lovely xx
T RACKHAM
T RACKHAM
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 43
Who Are You? : Mum to two lovely girls
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*mumof2angels*~ Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 am

well done what a QT
~*mumof2angels*~
~*mumof2angels*~
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:30 am

Im glad all went ok hun and I bet your so pleased to have him now!!

Tai

(p.s Tobey has the chair in your avatar too!)
Tai
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 301
Who Are You? : Mum to Tobey
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://www.tearsandtantrumsparenting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content