Tears and Tantrums Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump names-what is/were they, and why did you choose them?

+2
Wicks
mad267
6 posters

Go down

Bump names-what is/were they, and why did you choose them? Empty Bump names-what is/were they, and why did you choose them?

Post by mad267 Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:38 am

Another nosey topic from me!
My bump is called Biggles, and this was chosen by some friends for us. Because I'm MummyMichelle (MM) and David is Daddy David (DD), it was decided bump needed a name that began with B, and Biggles was the nicest one I could think of. Mind you, it still diesn't stop David referring to it as MrT ( Yes I married a loon!).
So whats the story behind yours?
mad267
mad267
All Grown up!
All Grown up!

Female
Number of posts : 332
Who Are You? : Wife and Mummy2b
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Bump names-what is/were they, and why did you choose them? Empty Re: Bump names-what is/were they, and why did you choose them?

Post by Wicks Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:09 am

Good post! I am calling mine Bickham. My sister started it as she calls me Dickham and my husband Sickham (first letter of our name and surname of Wickham), so Baby Wickham is Bickham!
Wicks
Wicks
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 138
Who Are You? : Mum to be
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Bump names-what is/were they, and why did you choose them? Empty Re: Bump names-what is/were they, and why did you choose them?

Post by Fergie Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:45 pm

My first scan was at 9 weeks, and we named baby 'Monkey-nut' because thats what the imaged looked like on the screen. When I was re-scaned at 12 weeks, Monkey-nut was jumping up and down and moving loads, so was re-named baby 'Rigla' Rolling Eyes
Fergie
Fergie
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 39
Who Are You? : Mummy
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs p Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:39 pm

we named lucas peanut. We still call him that now xx
Mrs p
Mrs p
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 128
Who Are You? : mummy to 2
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:55 pm

when we went for our second scan we decided we needed a nickname so if it was pink bump we would call her betty bump but if it was a blue bump we'd call him Basil bump. He was blue and was Basil for about 20 weeks! It took OH a while to stop calling him Basil!!!
Sally&Seph
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 106
Who Are You? : Seph's Mummy and Jamie's Wife to be!

Back to top Go down

Post by char Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:40 am

My FIL started calling it Tigger and it stuck! He named it that because he said it would soon be bouncing around in my belly. I call Ruby Tigger now.
char
char
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Wicks Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:07 am

Sally&Seph wrote:when we went for our second scan we decided we needed a nickname so if it was pink bump we would call her betty bump but if it was a blue bump we'd call him Basil bump. He was blue and was Basil for about 20 weeks! It took OH a while to stop calling him Basil!!!

I do wonder if it will be hard to get out the of the habit of calling the nickname. I have started to call my Bicks so wonder if that will stay once shes born!
Wicks
Wicks
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mad267 Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:37 pm

I keep thinking this too!
Wicks, is it a pink bump then??
mad267
mad267
All Grown up!
All Grown up!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wicks Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 am

mad267 wrote:I keep thinking this too!

No I dont know yet - I just change between saying he and she as I refuse to say "it"!! I find out on 10 March though - can't wait!
Wicks
Wicks
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mad267 Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Wicks wrote:
mad267 wrote:I keep thinking this too!

No I dont know yet - I just change between saying he and she as I refuse to say "it"!! I find out on 10 March though - can't wait!
Exciting!
mad267
mad267
All Grown up!
All Grown up!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down