Tears and Tantrums Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really talked about this

4 posters

Go down

Not really talked about this Empty Not really talked about this

Post by Mandsmunchkins Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:14 pm

I have never found a problem getting pregnant! My only problem has been the birth! I spent 15 hours in labour with Jack and in the end after reaching 9cm and not needing the urge to push (think that was due to epidural) I was sent to theatre for assisted delivery. Ventouse was tried but Jack was looking the other way (to the side) lol! he was also back to back with me - had a very nasty back pain labour!

Ventouse failed - couldn't try the forceps (thank god) due to the way he was positioned. (A girl I had worked with had had a forceps delivery but infortunately things went bad ... on delivery due to pressure the babies skull was broken ... she died 3 days later).

So c-section (emergency) was called for. Jack was born with no problem at all - apart from the headache from the ventouse lol!

I have since found out I cannot give birth naturally due to being small in that vacinity!

On he birth of my 4th child - I was told had I gone into labour then Ollie and I could have died! My uterus is that thin now due to the c-sections! I spent 4 days crying - I don't think Phil knew what to do with me. I was happy I got my baby but at the end of the day I was also sad that I could never have any more children. I have been told that should I fall pregnant again the baby would have to be aborted! Something I could never do! I would love another baby but I am not allowed. Maybe I should not be greedy though! Phil says no more, but I know thats cos he worries and he does not want his wife to be ill or even worse case scenario die!

Its scary and something I will never forget being told - although should I have come home from hospital without signing myself out I would never know that I am medically inappropriate to carry another baby! How bad is that!!

Sorry for wittering,

Love Mands xxx
Mandsmunchkins
Mandsmunchkins
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 165
Who Are You? : Married
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Not really talked about this Empty Re: Not really talked about this

Post by Sarah Y Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Awww Mands! Huge hugs for you, I'm so sorry you have had an awful time with your labours. I know the pain mentaly of not being able to have more children is a nightmare to get over but you are very lucky to have four beautiful boys who are happy and healthy.

Sarah x
Sarah Y
Sarah Y
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 143
Who Are You? : Mum of two
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:52 pm

OMG!!
I can imagine its something ou will never forget! But as you say, you may have never known and gone ahead and tried for another. So in some ways your very lucky, but not so in others with not being able to have another child.
Have you spoken to anyone regardibg this, who may be able to give you more info? Or is that as straight as it comes?

love Tai xx
Tai
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 301
Who Are You? : Mum to Tobey
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://www.tearsandtantrumsparenting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandsmunchkins Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:43 am

Thanks Girls x

Tai I spoke to my midwife and the health visitor at length - I was worried that I was going to come apart in Tesco's lol! My health visitor was originally a midwife and it was her that said an abortion would have to be carried out.

I suppose I am very very lucky that I found out when I did what could have happened! And I am also very very lucky that I have my 4 gorgeous boys x awww x

Love Mands xxx
Mandsmunchkins
Mandsmunchkins
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyKnowles Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:56 am

Aw hunnie, you have four deliciously delightful boys and even tho its hard Phil is right, your precious xxxxx

Love

Clare xx
MummyKnowles
MummyKnowles
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 12
Who Are You? : Mummy
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandsmunchkins Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:45 am

MummyKnowles wrote:Aw hunnie, you have four deliciously delightful boys and even tho its hard Phil is right, your precious xxxxx

Love

Clare xx

Awwww bless ya x thanks Clare x I love you

Love Mands xxx
Mandsmunchkins
Mandsmunchkins
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female