Tears and Tantrums Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ive had 2 children children and the births were different

3 posters

Go down

Ive had 2 children children and the births were different Empty Ive had 2 children children and the births were different

Post by MummyKnowles Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:37 pm

I was 21 when I had my little girl (not so little now, she's 9), I didnt know what to expect, but I suppose the start of labour I expected Fireworks or something, so when my waters went in the early hours of the morning and there was no pain it seemed like an anti climax, my then fiancee Jason , jumped out of bed and pulled on a tatty old Tshirt which was covered in paint and a pair of jeans with holes in them (MEN!!), I calmly told him to iron some clothes and I would phone the hospital, he then panicked and asked did I not think I shud phone for an ambulance, he already knew that I could not fone for an ambulance as we had just moved from one area to another and I had been lucky enough to be allowed to stop at my original hospital in. So I phoned the hosp. who adv me to make my way in. We arrived at around 2am and they checked to make sure that it was my waters that had broken, then as I was only 1cm dilated they sent Jason Home Sad This was the wednesday and I continued to be allowed to continue in this manner (with the odd untimely painful contraction) until my mum complained on the friday that my waters had been broken for over 24hrs and surely I was now at high risk of infection, the midwife replied that they had been very busy and I would be started off at 9am on the Sat.

I was wheeled to the delivery room at 8.15am and told by a midwife that I would be a mum no later than dinnertime lol! The drip made the contractions unbearable and after clearing the pharmacy of all strong medication I opted for a Epidural. By 8pm I was shattered from pushing and nothing happening so they decided that a little cut lol! would help things along, unfortunatly the midwife cut me just as I was having a contraction and I ended up having to have quite a few stitches, little miss kaitlyn knowles arrived otherwise safely at 8.42pm and I cant remember a single thing, Jason tells me that we spent an hour together with kaitlyn before he had to leave so I could be stitched and washed. I thought that I had come thro the worse, but unfortunatly for me I hadnt, due to me waters being broken for so long I developed a severe infection and for the first two days of Kaitlyns life I couldnt help with her feeding etc. I had to have a drip and a cathater (?) I was in hospital for a week and I think this stopped me from bonding with Kaitlyn. But now shes 9 and shes my little princess, my ray of light Happy

When I found out I was pregnant with my little boy I wrote my birth plan straight away and told jason no matter what it was to be stuck to. My waters went again , I phoned the hospital and told them and then packed my bag (little mr knowles was 3 weeks early and I was unprepared surprise ) When I arrived at hospital they checked that my waters had broken and then I was sent to a delivery room, the consultant came to see me and was brilliant, he said he had read my notes and that I was anxious not to be left to long, he allowed me to come back home with a bag full of thermometers etc. and if anything happened I was to go straight back. So me and Hubby went for breakfast at Asda (I had frequent toilet trips to change my towel *sorry too much info**, we then went home where my mum and sister came to see me and I managed to walk aroun Currys looking for a new fridge for my mum - at one point I had a v.v.v.bad contraction and the Sales Assistant was worrrying lol! . It was arranged that I would arrive back to hosp for 9am unless something was to happen, Kaitlyn stopped with mum and dad and I settled down for a good nights sleep loL!!! I was awoken at 4am with horrendous pains which had me swinging off the bed, poor Jason phoned the hospital who told him to time them BUT they didnt have any patterns and they told us to wait until they settled, this continued till about 6.30 and then they started to have some pattern to them, I phoned the hospital and demanded to be allowed in, they instructed me to have a paracetamol and a bath and to make my way in for the shift change at 8am. LoL! I was buzzin the buzzer at the delivery suite at 7.15 with a worried Jason, the lift was broken so I had to walk up 2 flights of stairs and when I arrived I was asked if I could wait till the new midwife came on shift I replied with a contraction and was quickly wheeled to delivery, I was examined and I was 6cm and in full labour, I managed for another hour with no pain relief and then I had to have Gas&Air which I used right up until I delivered at 12.29 x The midwife told me I had to have 6hrs between delivery and being discharged, Mr Harry Knowles was perfect, we were allowed out that teatime so I didnt even spend 24hrs in hospital, we all spent that night in our bed "together", we arent having any more children but after having Harry I could of ran a marathon or had another child, Harrys labour was special and magical and I think thats down to the fabulous midwifes who let me stick to me birth plan and to encourage me to do what I wanted xxxxxxxx
MummyKnowles
MummyKnowles
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 12
Who Are You? : Mummy
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Ive had 2 children children and the births were different Empty Re: Ive had 2 children children and the births were different

Post by Mandsmunchkins Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:58 am

Awww Clare that was lovely to read that you had a much better labour with Harry than you did with Kaitlyn. You did make me laugh with Jason and the old tee-shirt and the jeans covered in paint. Its funny what you remember.

I remember waking up after having a top up of my epidural to see Phil eating a cheese and onion pasty! I could have killed him! LOL

Awww its a special thing having a baby and watching them grow into the little ones they are today x

Love Mands xxx
Mandsmunchkins
Mandsmunchkins
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 165
Who Are You? : Married
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Ive had 2 children children and the births were different Empty Re: Ive had 2 children children and the births were different

Post by MummyKnowles Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Aw thanks hunnie xxxx
MummyKnowles
MummyKnowles
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 12
Who Are You? : Mummy
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:04 pm

hey

i woke up on a sat morning at about 6am with bad backpain that came and went!

my dad came through and said i was in labour the pain wasnt that bad i then rang my friends to say alfie was on his way into the world!
9 ok came and pain in my came was so bad i was collapsing at every contraction but the hospital said they werent close enough together to come in!
My brother then woke to get ready for work realsiing that he had no car and dad was meant to take him in i was then ringing around to get m8s to take him in! the pain was getting easier even done the hoovering the motion was easing it!
i had a hot bath then discoverd the pain was closer together!

my dad had bought a new car the day b4 so wen i got it the seat had towels covering it! i noticed a bowl int he footwell i asked what it was for dad said 'to catch the baby just in case!

the journey to the hospital was horride i kept going dizzy and feeling ill!
was i went to get out the car i cud feel summing and thought the baby was coming out
i was rushed to materity to find no bed for me!

eventualy after 2 hours of sitting in a waiting room they found me a bed!
the midwife was adiment i shud use the big ball as i sat on it it felt like i was crushing the baby and fell off looked up to find the midwife laughing!

at 6pm my baby arrived with only gas and air i ripped and bled alot!

it took 4 attempts to stich me up and had to have one blood transfusion but all was well in the end!

now my second baby was different!
I didnt know i was pregnant
i felt ill so dad came home from work to look after alfie!
i went to the loo as felt ill! i sat down and had a stabbing pain in my tummy! i ran a bath as i laid back and sloshed the water over my tummy ellie moved into birthing position i screamed dad came running in and turned white

he rang a doctor, the doctor came into the bathroom by then i was out of the bath! he said @'what seems to b the problem here' i told him i was having a baby he laughed and walked out got on the phone and went outside with 15 mins i had ellie on the loo luckily she went on the floor!

dad shouted the doctor and said shes had a baby he replyed 'u shud of said she was having one walked into the bathroom said i better fone an ambulance nd walked out again!

by then the after birth deliverd down the loo i was naked and had ellie in my arms the doctors didnt give me a towel or turn on the heating! i noticed ellies breathing was slowing down and she was cold and blue i cudnt move to get a towel!

the paramedics walked in and were shocked how they found me!
the cut the cord and took her straight to my dad wrapped in a towel! if it wernt for my dad taking offs his shirt and going skin to skin she coud of died!

while all this was happening the doctor was playing with my son!
at the hospital i got sorted got put on a ward!

ellie was hooked up to monitors but at 4am i was woken by a nurse to say her temprature had dropped i then went skin to skin with her until 9am wen she finaly was fine!

now shes my lil girl shes 8 months but still in 3 to 6 clothes which makes me laugh!

that doctors actions nearly killed my baby!
i made sure he was struck off and give him a bit of my mind at the court hearing! they r my stories ne soon to b mums dont b alarmed!

LouLou
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-17

http://www.bebo.com/louisef94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum