Tears and Tantrums Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Weeks Early

Go down

4 Weeks Early Empty 4 Weeks Early

Post by Tai Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Tobey was early and due to the use of pethadine so close to him arriving he was grunting and suffering from breathing problems. After I held him, he was placed on the baby resus trolley and received oxygen therapy. His breathing was so poor his hands and feet were blue (if I can upload the first picture taken I will show you all). He went in to SCBU on the Weds and came out on the Friday. I know it wasnt a long time and I am luckier than most but it was so hard seeing him there in the incubator and not being able to hold him when I wanted to. I even had to change his nappy through the port holes in the incubator.
The day he was due out, he was meant to be with me for feeding at 2pm but come 4pm he still wasnt there. I was so terrified that something had happened I couldnt move off of my bed to go and ask what was going on. I just sat there in tears. In the end my ex went and picked him up and all was fine.
Following our discharge Tobey continued to lose weight quickly and lost 10% of his birth weight. I had to show them how I was feeding him etc and he was allowed to stay home and not return to SCBU. Luckily he finally started gaining weight.
Hes still small now. Hes 4months on Weds and is just out of newborn clothes but I began weaning him before Xmas so I can imagine hes going to start filling out now. Especially as he eats lunch AND dinner now!!
This is Tobeys First picture

4 Weeks Early 944192619133_0_ALB

Fresh out of SCBU

4 Weeks Early 782882619133_0_ALB

Love Tai x
Tai
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 301
Who Are You? : Mum to Tobey